Music Festival: Free Press Summer Fest 2015

6:29 PM Jasmine 0 Comments



Lundy surprised me with tickets to Free Press Summer Fest. I was so surprised because we were in the middle of moving so I didn't think we were going this year.  We love going to FPSF every year, and it's a great way to see all our favorite Houston artists across all genres at once. We were a bit worried though for a while, since the flood happened in May, we thought that they were going to cancel the concert, which would have sucked for us because Lundy only had that weekend off. But the people in charge of the festival were able to find a great alternative. The fest was moved to NRG Park, and it was actually a nice change of scenery.  But in typically Texas fashion it was HOT A HELL outside!! I spend all my money on watermelon snow cones. Lol. 

Anyways, my favorite act was Lecrae, who is a rapper from Houston. Look up his music, you will not regret it. Now, I was surprised by how amazing R.Kelly was live. I have to say, he is a true singer/performer! I forgot about all the hits he has. With all the controversy about him getting kicked off the line up I'm happy they kept him on. He was definitely a big fan favorite. 

Thank You Lundy for the tickets. I will remember this day forever! 

Here are some photos from my Instagram account. I need to remember to bring my nice camera... will do next time. 






0 comments: